Sunday, February 04, 2007

Still sick...ugh!

I was supposed to spend this weekend with my boyfriend, and instead I spent it moaning in bed, and not in a good way. I fell asleep Friday night at 9 p.m. and woke up at 1 a.m. feeling all dizzy and nauseated. I thought it was because I'd taken vitamins on an empty stomach, so I ate some cookies and went back to bed.

When I woke up at 6:30 in the morning, I felt weak and was still nauseated. I made some Cream of Wheat in the dark (Rick was sleeping. He sleeps in the living room, and the apartment has a kitchenette that's in that same room). It didn't help. I found I couldn't stand up straight. Every time I tried, my stomach muscles would tighten up and I would double over. At lunchtime, I made some chicken soup. It kind of made me want to puke, but I knew I needed nutrients.

Then I called my doctor to make sure it wasn't a reaction to the amoxicillin. He said it probably wasn't, but I should go to the hospital to get tests to make sure my abdominal problem wasn't something serious (it was too late for me to make it to his office before it closed, not to mention the can't-straighten-up problem). Some of my symptoms were consistent with hepititus, too. After he hung up, I was so tired I fell back asleep. I went online and it looked like hepatitis wasn't a real emergency, so I went to sleep again. I couldn't imagine walking to a hospital, and it wasn't serious enough for an ambulance. Besides, my online research showed that a lot of my symptoms were also consistent with the plain old flu.

By eight p.m. I was out for the night. I slept the whole night through. My fever has gone down some, and my stomach isn't perfect, but it's better. I have got a new icky symptom, though. It's like one sickness after another this year: infection, infection, infection. I'm sick of being sick. Yesterday, I was too tired to read! I know. I didn't think it was possible, either.

1 comment:

janXjoplin said...

I love you...get better! Now!
I'm getting scanned, IUD and surgery all this month, bleh, but I will get my very own nebulizer. No more serious asthma crap hopefully.