Monday, June 05, 2006

Overheard in New York

This really tickled my funnybone...though I don't know why. I just felt compelled to share. It's indicitive of the kind of thing one hears here on a regular basis.

That Really Gets My Goat

Woman: No, I'm telling you, I'm right! He couldn't eat the Trix because he was an adult rabbit, and Trix were only supposed to be for kids.
Man: Well, I always thought it was just because he was a rabbit and not a person.
[A period of silence -- the woman looks down at her food.]
Man: What's wrong?
Woman: I'm just really getting tired of you always being wrong. --Michael's Restaurant, Broadway & 34th St, Astoria via Overheard in New York, Jun 1, 2006

Also:

I Think She's Watching You

Kid #1, looking at the Mona Lisa on Da Vinci Code poster: Hey, look! It's her again!
Kid #2: Who is this lady? She's everywhere! --Downtown 1 train via Overheard in New York, Jun 3, 2006

Heh.

No comments: