Monday, January 22, 2007

Poetry Portfolio

To facilitate my MFA application process, I've created a blog for my poetry (http://ejkpoetry.blogspot.com/). It's a work in progress. Right now I've got one entry per poem for the 17 pieces currently in my portfolio. Then I've listed a bunch of alternates all in one entry.

Here's how it works: if you love me, tell me honestly which of the poems in the portfolios should go, which ones should stay, and which alternates should be promoted to the portfolio. Thanks, and happy reading!

3 comments:

Battered Barbie said...

Hiya :) I miss you too!! Sorry about the lack of blogging, just didn't have much interesting going on.

How's the portfolio going? How soon do you have to have it in and when do you find out if you're accepted?

My last couple blogs are slighly cryptic...sorry. I'm dealing with a case of the "poor me" syndrome. I can't italicize that...so just know I mean it sarcastically.

My parents have done something wonderful. They're going to get a new car and they're GIVING me their 2004 pimped out TrailBlazer. I'm so thankful to them for EVERYTHING they've done for me, I'm unbelievably lucky and blessed. I just don't feel like I deserve it. It's a gift I LOVE and WANT...yet it will be hard to accept. And it's not a pride thing...

As I said..."poor me."

Anonymous said...

Four schools are due Feb. 1, and one is due Feb. 15. I'll find out in the spring.

I know what you mean about parental gifts. Tom's parents give really extravagant gifts, and he and his brothers often feel really weird about accepting them.

It's like parents helping you when you NEED it is nice, and giving a considerate little gift once in a while is nice, but huge, lavish gifts...just weird, for some reason.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. Tom's parents give really extravagant gifts, and he and his brothers often feel really weird about accepting them.

It's like parents helping you when you NEED it is nice, and giving a considerate little gift once in a while is nice, but huge, lavish gifts...just weird, for some reason.