Monday, April 10, 2006

Hoo-ah!

I can do this. The surgical interns on Grey's Anatomy save lives without sleep. Navy Seals fight guerrilla forces without sleep. New parents raise tiny babies without sleep.

I'm a surgical intern, a new parent, a Navy Seal! Okay, no, I am clearly not ANY of those things. I'm a grad student with my Master's portfolio and a major research project due...not to mention lessons to plan (including one for an observation) and papers to grade and students to educate. And all without sufficient sleep.

I'm really trying to get everything done, but I'm not sure I'm going to make it. Oops. Admitting doubt and weakness is not very Navy Seal of me, is it? Well, that's yet another reason why I do not belong in the armed forces.

At least I'm coming home to Iowa on Thursday. Hooray! Then I can sleep.

No comments: