Sunday, December 14, 2008

FINALS!

I know I haven’t written in a LONG time. Well, once Rose and Ted left, I was suddenly aware of how much work I had to do. I had a ton of papers to grade. I had a poem to memorize for my craft of poetry class. (I chose Phillip Booth’s “First Lesson.)

I had to prepare for a public reading of my own work for my poetry workshop. I needed to put together a small book of publishable poems, too. That, my friends, is a challenging thing.

I also had to finish a 15-page nonfiction piece, and my intended subjects wouldn’t give me an interview. NOOOO! I managed to work my way around it and turned in a story on my Halloween parade exploits, with background on the parade and Project Bueller. My professor called it “a brilliant piece of reportage.” Thank you, sir!

In the midst of turning in papers and grading student papers, finals and portfolios, I also had to do domestic stuff. I was running around like crazy cleaning, laundering and packing for my trip. I also figured out how to arm our alarm, installed security lights and locked up my valuables in the closet. Pray with me that we’re not burglarized again.

I wanted to decorate for Christmas, but I didn’t have the time or money, so I created a flair tree on Facebook. (Facebook is a social networking site. You can find former classmates, etc., and e-mail them, play games with them, exchange photographs, etc. You can also send/pick out electronic buttons with pictures and sayings and arrange them on a corkboard.) Voila! Merry Christmas, everybody!

No comments: